Job TitleAircraft Painter
Job IDSVCA 007
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryGENERAL SUMMARY Paints aircraft interior, exterior and piece parts. Prepares for painting by masking, stripping, washing aircraft sections and components. Blends and mixes paints, inks, and coatings to proper spraying consistency. Performs detail and touch-ups. Sets-up and coordinates processes for painting production parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Paints aircraft interior, exterior and piece parts.
• Prepares for painting by masking, stripping/sanding, washing aircraft sections and components.
• Blends and mixes paints, inks, and coatings to proper spraying consistency.
• Performs detail and touch-ups.
• Sets-up and coordinates processes for painting production parts.
• Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment.
• Mix paints and primers.
• Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail.
• Comply with all safety and housekeeping policies.
• Use personal protective equipment and ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
• High school diploma/GED (or a minimum of 6 years relevant experience)
• Ability to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification
• Three (3) years of painting experience. A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics)
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
• Experience using SAP
• SSPC/ERAU Aerospace Coatings Applicator Certification highly desired