Job TitleCertification Engineer
Job IDENG 002
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryGENERAL SUMMARY The Certification Engineer is responsible for supporting the certification and continued airworthiness of Eclipse Aerospace products. This person works with an assortment of subject matter experts to establish a comprehensive, strategic plan for each certification project, then facilitates certification activities as required to ensure all certification deliverables have been met. The ideal candidate for this position is collaborative, organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review high-level certification documentation (plans, reports, checklists, schedules)
- Work with various disciplines to ensure timely completion of certification milestones
- Facilitate communication between EAI and regulatory authorities to ensure efficient issue resolution
- Prepare responses to FAA and international aviation authorities, including technical positions in support of project issue papers
- Track compliance showings/findings to ensure all regulatory obligations have been met
- Assist with test article conformity planning and management
- Support continued airworthiness of the Eclipse fleet
- Support international validation of Eclipse products
- Research and prepare process documentation and training materials; provide training as required
- Travel Required: 10 – 15% (Occasional)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- 10 years’ experience in aircraft/component design, documentation, and certification
- Direct working experience with Part 23 and Part 25 FAA airworthiness standards, Part 21 certification processes, and associated guidance
- Familiarity with aircraft construction, systems, operation, maintenance, and repair
- Ability to understand/interpret, research, and analyze specifications, technical documents, and engineering drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including ability to read, write, and speak English)
- Experience in project management of complex projects
- Familiarity with FAA operational requirements (Parts 91 and 135)
- Experience with foreign validation processes.
- Current or prior FAA DER or ODA Unit Member.