Job TitleManager, Primary Assembly
Job IDPROD 003
Job LocationAlbuquerque, NM
General SummaryThe Manager, Primary Assembly is responsible for the efficient and effective operations of manufacturing positions mainly related to assembly of the primary structure of the aircraft, consisting of multiple manufacturing technicians in each position. The Manager will be responsible for all aspects of performance for their positions, including safety, quality, cost and schedule performance and personnel management. The Manager will determine sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority. The Manager will be expected to monitor associates’ work levels and review work performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Manager is responsible for the overall performance of multiple manufacturing positions.
- In coordination with the Sr. Director, Manufacturing Operations will develop and ensure established goals and schedules are met.
- The Manager will monitor employee’s work levels and review work performance.
- The position will monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of the manufacturing area to ensure adequate and efficient working conditions.
- The position will recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges or disciplinary measures in accordance with standard policies.
- A high-level of emphasis will be placed on the ongoing compilation and interpretation of various manufacturing reports and metrics to include inventory data, labor tracking, safety reporting, quality tracking, schedule performance.
- The Manager will be responsible for removing obstacles to improving performance and eliminating barriers to efficient operations.
- Minimum of 10 years aircraft assembly or maintenance operations
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of aircraft manufacturing tools, including their designs, users, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of First Article Inspections, Non Conformance Reports, and other quality related activities
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to effectively motivate and direct multiple teams
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with other organizations and accomplishing tasks without direct authority
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how to calculate schedule, cost, quality, and other metrics related to managing a production operation
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Past experience using SAP in a manufacturing operation
- Past experience using Teamcenter or another similar PDM system
- Strong Excel experience to include creating complex formulas